Wednesday, August 11, 2010

American Apparel Nail Laquer!

I’ve always loved mint green nail polish, but after looking around for a WHILE I couldn’t find a mint green that was the mint green I was looking for. All of the mint greens were too green, or too washed out. I was looking for a really strong mint green. Nail polish always catches my eye, and at my friend’s birthday party I saw this mint green this girl I had never met before wearing, and I walked up to her and introduced myself and began questioning where did she find this perfect mint green. In fact, I even took a photo of her hands (okay, you probably think I’m crazy, but she was just as fanatic about nail polish as me so she understood, haha) and she began telling me about American Apparel nail polish. You’d think that a big brand like American Apparel would come out with nail polish, the colors would be “meh” but after doing my research I saw they came out with a bunch of really different, cool, fun, colors that I needed to get my hands on. They still have the reds, the blacks, but they did add cool teals, washed out yellows, lavenders, and I’m super excited to try these on. I went to the American Apparel downtown and if you can believe it, they were sold out of the mint green I was looking for, and most of their other colors (this was back in May, hopefully they’ve restocked) so I actually ordered them online. I got only one of my colors shipped in, and they wrote me saying they were sold out of the mint green (called Office) and the yellow I wanted (Butter) and they’d send it to me as soon as it came in! I guess they were selling fast! Two weeks later I had gotten them in the mail and voila! Here are my reviews! 

_______________________________________________________________________________




Office
In the bottle: It looks like ea typical mint green I would expect.
On my nails: This shows 3 coats. This is a really, really mint green. I love the color and am so excited to try the other color on! If you like mint greens, this is a dream come true! It’s not too blue or too green, its great!



Butter
In the bottle: This color literally looks like a stick of butter you pulled out of the fridge. It’s really washed out yellow, and I’m excited to try this. I just hope it’s not streaky just like all my other yellows!
On my nails: Wow! This is probably the least streaky yellow I’ve ever applied onto my nails! It was a little thick though, but it dried quickly. It’s a really nice color. Unfortunately, it does nothing for my skin tone, and just washes me out, but I can definitely see this looking good on darker skin tones. It’s such an exotic cream, yellow!

______________________________________________________________________________


Being skeptical about the formula, and brush because it was a clothing company coming out with nailpolish! But boy, was I wrong for everything I thought. The brush was fabulous and easy to apply. The formula was not streaky and dried fabulously. I love the look of the bottles, the rectangle bottle and cylinder top. And this nail polishes are also the big 3 free! It costs only $7.50 so a little cheaper then other polishes but right up their with O.P.I and Zoya!

1 comments:

LUVMEPLZ said...

ive never been a fan of the mint colour, dont know why. maybe its cuz i dont like the taste of mint in real life LAWLZ
but i love the butter colour. when i first saw it in stores i thought itd make pale skin look pasty but i see it on you on this amazing blog and it makes you look tan!
the unthinkable has been accomplished!!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio