Wednesday, August 11, 2010

OPI Hong Kong, Spring/Summer 2010

I'm super excited about the OPI Hong Kong Spring/Summer collection. These colours OPI brings us, are unique, fun, and different . The formula is amazing, (no suprise there), and thanks to OPI's prowide brush, it's just so easy to apply on to your nails! Here's what I thought about these 12 colours: 

_______________________________________________________________________________



Lucky Lucky Lavender
In the bottle: This looks really pink, with only a little bit of lavender, and I was excited to put this on my nails, but this wasn’t as exotic as the other colors in the collection, and it looked really similar to Panda-monium Pink.
On my nails:  On my nails, the photo shows only 2 coats, the formula was great and not streaky at all. If I wasn’t such a perfectionist with my nails I probabley could’ve gotten away with one coat. Keep in mind this is a pink with only a little bit of lavender… I figured it would be a little bit more purple. This color was really nice and I would wear it for sure, but I’m not really too excited about this color. 



Panda-Monium Pink
In the bottle: In the bottle, it's like a light, almost purply-gray-pink. I'm excited to see this one on my nails, its an unusual coloured pink!
On my nails:  I did 2 coats of this color, and then a third coat so I could level it evenly. It was REALLY nice at first, outside in the sun. I would describe this as a pink with a little bit of gray. It’s not at all in your face-neon-pink, it’s the type of pink you can put on your nails and it looks pink but its not too much. I liked this color, but it was nothing special.



Hot & Spicy
In the bottle: Looking at it in the bottle, it really looks like a carrot orange… If I was feeling like doing something really different on my nails, I’d choose this one for sure J
On my nails: On my nails I painted 3 coats. It’s not a carrot orange, I was completely wrong, and this picture doesn’t do it justice, that’s for sure! It’s a coral-orange color and its super flattering for my skin tone. Very different and unique… I never thought I would but I’m really loving the orange colors in this collection.


Bling Dynasty
In the bottle: It looks like a yellow/gold/shimmery/glittery color. I feel like a kid in S.K describing this nail color, haha! If your into metallics, like gold, silver, and bronze, this colour is for you.
On my nails: Although I love exotic nail colors, I’ve never really been into metallic colors but this gold is really something else. It’s not in your face, bright. It’s subtle, dusty, yellow and gold that really is nice. I would wear this, and this is surprisingly (well, to me at least) one of my favorite colors in the collection!  P.S I'm really sorry for this shitty picture quality, it's hard to capture metallic colours!



Jade is the new Black
In the bottle: SO EXCITED TO PAINT MY NAILS THIS COLOR. I have NOTHING that even looks like this. I’m super excited to try this, and have already decided this is my favorite color of the collection, hehe J
On my nails: 2 coats and then PERFECTION… ok- I am not being overly dramatic in any way! This color really is BEAUTIFUL! It’s by no means a forest green, its sort of… well… like, a dusty-dark-green. It’s really different, and this would look stunning on my toes, if you only buy one color from this collection- this one. So cute.


Red-My Fortune Cookie
In the bottle: Looks like a cherry red, with a little bit of orange. Looks like a great summer/spring red
On my nails: HOLY COW. 1 COAT, 1 COAT, 1 COAT! I know some people love red, or hate red, but I do really love a good red. If you don’t know by now, theres not a lot of colors I don’t like! This red was a cherry red, with a hint of orange, but not toooooo much orange, just a hint! Its super cute, and so bright and fun! It looked good on my nails, and I can see myself wearing this a lot. This picture is a great picture because this is EXACTLY what it looks like on your nails! :) 


Pearls of Wisdom
In the bottle: Wow, this is really beautiful in the bottle. I feel like it’s going to be sheer though…it’s a white pearly color with hints of shimmer that’s pink and blue. It looks really nice!
On my nails: This is about 4 coats if you can believe it, 4 coats! This color came on really sheer-which just doesn’t work for me. I can’t deal with sheer colors. This was really watery, and I didn’t really find this flattering on my nails… it reminds me of something my grandmother would wear. Hmm, that was kind of harsh. I feel like I can make this color look good if I want too. I’d use it as a topcoat for a pale pink. Try it! 

Suzi says Feng Shui
In the bottle: I think I’m going to like this color. It’s a blue. It’s not a light blue… but it’s not navy. It’s sort of a dark blue-  I can’t even explain! Hopefully it looks good on my nails J
On my nails: I’d describe this as a denim, deep, dusty, blue. Haha, that almost sounds like a tongue twister! This color is fabulous. I just love this color. It’s a really nice, different, exotic blue.


Meet me on the Star Ferry
In the bottle: It looks like a mix between brown and purple, with a bunch of different glitters that blend with the color. I’m really excited to try this color on my nails because it’s a really cool looking color that’s very different.
On my nails: On my nails it was definety more purple then brown, the glitter is really mixed into it, and ITS STUNNING. AHHH! I would wear this A LOT. But then again, I really like exotic colors. Not streaky at all, and only 2 coats until my nail was perfectly covered, although as I was taking pictures I saw patches that weren’t painted evenly… weird. I could only use one word to describe this color. Unique. 


Chop-Sticking to my Story
In the bottle: Although my friend didn’t like this color in the bottle describing it as, “brown and yucky”. I think it’s a really cool color! It’s not orange, but it’s not brown! It’s like half-way they meet creating a really cool orangey-browny-color!
On my nails: On my nails it took only 2 coats for this burnt orange, brown to be even. I think it’s one of the more exotic colors of the collection and I can’t really compare it to any other colors I have by OPI or any other brand. It also is a really versatile color, I feel like I could wear it spring, fall and winter too. It’s really cute, and I would wear it… but I don’t think a lot of other people would wear it…What do you think?



Dim Sum Plum
In the bottle: Hot pink, dark pink, fuschia, those are the 
words I would use this to describe this color…Remember that big motorola Razr that was popular back in 2006? The hot pink phone, is the exact same color of this!
On my nails: WOW. After one coat, my nails were actually perfectly even. As a perfectionist, I did two, but I really could’ve gotten away with just one. It’s such a nice, fun, color. It really looked good on my skin tone, and I feel like it would be good too if you were tanned. I think this is a really fun color and can see myself wearing it a lot. 





A Good Man-Darin is Hard to Find
In the bottle: This looks like a coral, orange. 
On my nails: Two coats and this colour was perfectly even across my nail! It's really flattering to my skin tone and can see this working for a lot of different skin tones. The colour is fresh and just really cute! 




_______________________________________________________________________________

Overall, I'm really liking the new orange trend from OPI for Spring and Summer! Although it is hard to find a really nice orange colour without your nails resembling carrots, OPI does a really great job with 3 really good options! After trying all 12 on my nails, I can say with full confidence, these colours are cute, fun and really great. My favorite colors (in no particular order) are Jade is the new black, Suzi says Fung Shui, Hot & Spicy, Dim Sum Plum, and A Good Man-darin is hard to Find. Which ones are your favourite?




1 comments:

ed+emb said...

this collection makes me hungry L O L

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio