Monday, August 16, 2010

OPI Swiss Collection Fall/Winter 2010





This is the first half of the Swiss Collection and is made up of metallics, and shimmery colours,. I’m really excited about these colours! I have to admit, I’ve had the Swiss collection for a while now, since the beginning of August and I’ve been holding off because I’m just really not looking forward to the year to start, with school and all, it’s going to be so stressful, back to homework, studying, tests and projects, and I am definitely not looking forward to not being able to sleep in. :(
But that’s immature and stupid thinking on my part, and these colours are WAY too nice not to swatch, hehe :)

So these are what I thought of the first half of the collection and I have to be honest, the other half is filled with crèmes that are mostly in the red family. Although I do love a good red I wish they would’ve added more other colours but I’ll go more in to detail on that post, haha!






Yodel me on my Cell
It’s a different kind of turquoise that is darker then most of the turquoises you see regularly, it has a bit of dark pearly blue. It’s a super flattering and really cool, unique colour! I must admit, I loved this one on me, hehe! This was two coats, to even out the bald spots, and the second coat made it dramatically darker. So if you want to keep making it darker you can apply a third one but this colour looks just great with one or two coats!



Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous
Is a silver and gray that’s loaded with shimmer and I LOVE IT. It’s a very edgy look to wear, and would look stunning if you were going to a party or something! The name kind of bugs me, it’s a little long and hard to spell, haha! This took 3 coats to make it as dark as this and the first first coat was kind of sheer. It was messy to take off though, it made my hand covered in glitter! Hate when that happens!




The Color to Watch
Is a watery pearyl lavender colour with little hints of blue and red in it, and when it dries it looks sort of gray. I must say when I first saw this on my nails I thought it was really, really ugly. But after a while it grew on me! It is very flattering on my skin tone and it’s a very different colour. This colour was super sheer, and since I don’t roll that way- this is it on my nails with 4 coats.





Cuckoo for this Color
This colour is an emerald green that’s really, gorgeuse! This was 2 coats, and it’s just such a nice, nice, colour! If your looking for a dark colour but want to stay away from purples and reds, this is an amazing alternative! I love this!





Gliterland
This colour is a pearly champagne gold, literally. I was really surpised by how nice this was! If you are some one who is into golds this is going to be your dream colour! There is not a lot of yellow behind this gold, it’s really a champagne shimmer metallic gold that is super flattering on any skin tone!





Diva of Geneva
This is the only colour that I’ve reviewed so far that I didn’t think was that unique! Reason being is everything is so different and cool and ugh I just love them all soo much!! In the bottle it looks like a metallic red, but when I started painted my nails its actually like a raspberry colour to it! I do have a soft spot for reds, and this colour is different from the other reds although it is strictly red.

So which colours from the Swiss collection are screaming “BUY ME!” to you?

1 comments:

imfrumsvedendaahhh said...

my favourite colour was yodel me on my cell before i read this post (on my nails now) but now i am in love with cuckoo for this colour and lucerne-tinly look marvelous or whatever its called
im not really into golds and the colour to watch is really nice also!
I WANT ALL THESE
the red isnt too nice but id definately wear it in the winter
i feel like these colours are more for winter than fall 0_-

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio