Thursday, August 12, 2010

Urban Outfitters Nail Varnish


I’ve always been skeptical of buying no-name branded nail polish. But after waiting inline at Urban Outfitters for fifteen minutes (don’t you hate it when they don’t open up a new cash-register and the lines just getting bigger, and bigger?) I noticed a wooden basket filled with nail polish with a sign that says, “SALE! 99 CENTS NAIL POLISH!” And if you couldn’t tell by now, I’m addicted to nail polish. Just like a sale on shoes, I can’t resist a sale on nail polish! At first, I reached into the basket and took out handfuls of polish, I had at least 23 bottles (okay maybe I’m being a little overly dramatic- but you get what I mean!) in my hands. But after realizing my tight budget, and my over priced clothing, I really couldn’t afford all those bottles, and made a very, very hard decision… only buying 2. To be honest buying more then 2, wouldn’t have been a good decision. Especially since I’ve never even heard of this brand, or even knew that Urban Outfitters’ sold polish. The polish is regularly priced 5 dollars, which is still cheap for nail polish! So I bought two and these are what I thought of them:

________________________________________________________________________________



Purple 9
In the bottle: The bottle is a rectangle. It’s really different compared to other nail polish bottles. I just really hope it’s not hard to put on my nails since it is a rectangle, because that would suck. I don’t like the names, part of nail polish is the creativity behind it, and the name Purple 9 is not very original. All the other colors are the color and a number... Which I’m guessing is the color and shade. And let me tell you people, this color is NOT purple in any way. It’s a hot pink.
On my nails: HOLY FRICKEN COW. This color is SHEER. It took about 5 coats to paint my nails this pink… can you believe it? That’s ridiculous! Hopefully my other color will not be this sheer, because I hate sheer nail polish. You can still see the white tip of my nail right now. Okay, I’m being a little bit harsh, if you don’t mind the white tip being visible this color is very unique pink. It’s a corally-pink and I really like it. It’s really flattering for my skin tone. What do u think?



 

Purple 5
In the bottle: Now Purple 5 is actually a purple! It looks like a purple marker. The color is so nice and rich and I can’t wait to try it on!
On my nails: this was a lot less sheer then Purple 9 and was such a nice color! It looks like a grape purple. It’s stunning. Not sheer at all, and it dried in seconds. I love this color and for only 99 cents! Oh boy, thank you Urban Outfitters! 


________________________________________________________________________________

Looking down at the bottles, rectangular caps!
Brush, thin, reminds me of Essie

                                   


Overall,
The rectangle cap for this bottle is super hard to work with for the first time. Eventually, I got the hang of it, but it took a little bit. It’s still kind of hard to work with, I don’t really like it. And I’m not really used to it. People who find it hard to paint their nails as is, should stick to Essie, O.P.I, other nail polishes that are easier to apply, and would find it difficult to use on their left hand. The brush is fine, I would compare it to Essie. Also, this nail polish REEKS. Even on my nails I can still smell it… yuck. I hope this smell goes away. I didn’t really like the first color I reviewed (Purple 9) but I did like the second (Purple 5). I really think this formula though is really good! Minus the smell, I really liked this. And come on, 99 cents? 



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love all the urban outfitters nail varnish colours!! The smell does go away, thankfully! lol

eddie said...

i always see the bottles of urbans nailpolish next to the checkout waiting line place, but i never have enough money to buy any by that point becuase im in line to buy too many of the GORG clothing -_-

Unknown said...

Purple 5 has my vote. There has to be a way to get that color in less than 3 coats. Maybe a base coat of a near the same color. I don't know I need to test that out sometime.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio