Thursday, August 12, 2010

Knockout Cosmetics!


Knockout nail polish. I’ve never heard of it before, only saw it at the cash while inline at a Canadian clothing store, called Aritizia (I believe this is also available at Henri Bendel and Kitson LA) This clothing store is a Canadian fashionable store and I believe, overpriced. When I saw this nail polish, I fell in love. I’m a sucker for no shine, matte nail polish! These colors are really interesting, but after seeing the price tag, I couldn’t believe it! 21 dollars for a bottle of nail polish! I couldn’t afford it, and it really upset me. If you see the bottle, my boyfriend made a comment about how the bottle was what you were paying for because these bottles are BEAUTIFUL. They are much taller then regular bottles and they have a frosted look to them.When my birthday rolled around, my good friend was kind enough to buy me two of these bottles in colors that I am in love with! So I’m so happy to be able to swatch these and wear them J before I owned these, I borrowed my friends in a cool blue matte color I believe is called Pool. It did turn my nails yellow. I’m not sure if you want to blame it on my basecoat (which has never given me problems before, but matte colors are more dense then regular) or the actual polish. Moreover I would recommend painting on two basecoats before painting your nails any matte color! Also this nail poish is cruelty free, and DBP, toluene and formaldehyde free. Now, here’s what I think: 





Concrete
In the bottle: This looks like a frosty gray. I’m really excited to try this on because I love grays and have never seen a gray matte before! 
On my nails: This formula was AMAZING. It dries super gray and fast and it’s just such a cool, color. It’s one of my favorite grays I’ve ever tried! This is 2 coats but I really could’ve gotten away with 1, I just am a perfectionist when it comes to nails. The only thing that would stop me from buying this color is the price… 22 dollars people! This color is AMAZING. It would even look amazing with a top coat. But it looks way cool as a matte color! I love this color wow!









Ox
In the bottle: It looks like a very dark purple. The cap on this is different then the first bottle I used, it’s black. I’m guessing it’s because it’s a darker color they do this. Both bottles are gorgeuse!
On my nails: This shows 2 coats. You really needed 2 coats to get the entire nail with no nude spots. This color is fabulous. It’s a dark, purple, plum color and it is STUNNING. It’s one of the nicest purples I’ve ever used and I love it. It dries so perfectly matte, and I never knew dark colors in matte are so beautiful since most of the matte colors I’ve had are suede. 



_________________________________________________________



Overall I was super impressed with these colors, and after doing my research I found out that Knockout was a cosmetics company created by a makeup artist named Mike Potter who is best known for creating the hair and makeup for the groundbreaking stage and film versions of Hedwig & the Angry Inch. Although these bottles cost 22 dollars, they cost only 18 dollars if you buy them from Urban Outfitters online! They have 12 colors and all our very different and cool. It was a little tricky getting used to the bottles because the cap is super tall, but the brush itself is a dream! Before I could put it on my nail, I had to wipe about half of it before I put it on my nails. It paints on thick, but dries quickly! It’s super wide and like a thicker version of O.P.I’s prowide brush! If you are looking for an edgy and different look, this is it! If your willing to spend the money that is!

This is what the bottle looks like, (this image was taken from koknockout.com) 


I'll try and take some of my own photos of the bottle and handle and brush so u have a better idea of it :)
Enjoy.

2 comments:

geen@hbebez said...

i LOVE ox
like WOW it is STUNNING
im not a big fan of matte colours but that is one id be glad to wear
is this expensive

Unknown said...

I LOVE grey nail polish. There's just something special about it.Cute blog, Thanks for letting me know about it via twitter!!! I'll be back!

Lauren

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio