Monday, August 16, 2010

Sally Hansen Kwik Off


Today, unlike anything I’ve really done on this blog, I’m going to review something besides polish.

Nail polish remover!

Everyone has there own opinions about nail polish removers, acetone, acetone free, protein enriched, nail polish with vitamin E, with chamomile, pro-vitamins, soy based, the list goes on and on.
But this nail polish remover is unlike any nail polish remover us nail polish lovers usually use. It’s a whole new idea about removing nail polish.


Lets start with the way us people normally remove nail polish, we take a quilted cotton pad or cotton ball (depending on your preference, I usually prefer quilted cotton pads) and pull out our nail polish remover, pour some on our cotton pad, and wipe off the current adorable colour we’re sporting on our nails.
Well, Sally Hansen has found a way to sort of, combine the combination of cotton pads and nail polish remover all in one! In one little container!



This container is about three quarters full with a damp, sponge that has an X right in the middle of it. This sponge is covered in nail polish remover, and has remover resting at the bottom of the container (which I learned the hard way; after tipping it to the side and seeing what the container said, spilling remover all over my bed!)


This nail polish is apricot extract nail polish remover with vitamin E and natural moisturizers so it helps prevent nail drying (unlike acetone removers). You simply dip your finger in, and pull it out and that it’s gone!



Well, that’s what it’s supposed to do, and to be honest it didn’t really do the trick for me. It took 17 different times dumping my nail in the little X and out. I actually found it easier to swish my finger around and rub it against the sponge. I think this would actually work differently depending on the type of polish you were wearing. I was wearing a duchochrome blue packed with green and gold colour by OPI from their summer flutter collection, called Catch me in your Net. 
None the less, I must say, this product is kind of cool!  It’s a really cool idea of modernizing the way we are all used to taking off polish.

The Sally Hansen Kwik Off can be purchased at Wal Mart for only $3.04.


 
So here I have some questions for you readers to answer,
How do you take off your nail polish remover?
Do you see yourself trying this nail polish remover in the future?

Let me know!
xxox


5 comments:

maxxxx said...

i take my nail polish off by dumping alot of nailpolish remover on a cotton pad and usually all over myself too and going through liek 1000000 of them to get the nail polish off just one of my hands
ive used this type before and i did the same thing as you..as in flip it upside down when it was open hahah but it never worked well for me cuz i alway shave to much polish to take off and also when im trying to perfect the polish on my nail it didnt work you know what im saying?
i usually just rip into the sponge and tear off little chunks at a time so itll work for me LOLZ FREE COTTON PAD WITH THE REMOVERR

Unknown said...

Yay! You're talking about nail polish remover. I have something like the one you're showing but its the CVS version and I got it at the travel size products section. I also have these nice berry smelling remover pads that I got at Old Navy months ago. Smells so good, is natural but oily yet I think it removes nail polish faster. It was also only a dollar and I it was by the registers next to the Old Navy nail polishes. I didn't by the nail polish I just bought the remover to check it out. I'm happy with it especially because it smells lovely. I'll try to see if I can send you a link so you can see it.

Unknown said...

Here's a picture of it.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaylasplenty/4928482952/

Anonymous said...

I actually saw a different scent of the ones I told you about on Urban Outfitters right now.
This one has 100 pads that smell like vanilla. Haven't tried it but I wonder if it really does. I love the ones I have. Here's the link.
They are on sale/ they use to be $6 now it's $3.99?
http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp?id=18833327&itemdescription=true&navAction=jump

Anonymous said...

This seems to be okay for your fingernails. Do you do the same thing for your toenails or do you have a seperate container for your toenails???

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio